Tile - is one of the materials for finishing the ceiling. It is made of lightweight material and fixed directly on the base. Manufacturers produce tiles of different shapes and sizes of several kinds of materials. Its design allows for a diverse arrange any interior residential and office premises. The possibility of staining the surface extends the life of finishes and extends the palette of colors.
Glue the tiles can be on their own, but it is important to choose the right adhesive and perfectly prepare the basic ceiling, that the result was flawless. This finish is very economical, however, it looks pretty good.
The content of the article
- 1 Forms ceiling tiles
- 2 Tile adhesive
- 3 How to glue the ceiling tiles from foam
- 3.1 Placing tiles on the ceiling
- 3.2 assembly Engineering
Forms ceiling tiles
Tiles for ceilings vary not only by material, but also by the method of production and the properties of the front face. These properties are important for the appearance of the finish and have virtually no effect on the durability and ease of installation.
Ceiling tiles provide the following materials:
- Expanded polystyrene (or foam). The most common material for the production of tiles. Very light and fragile. Characterized by low price. Making varied: smooth and embossed with various patterns and pictures. The color palette of tiles: pastel colors and white. Uncolored products can impart want tint by applying a paint composition without the solvent. Uncoated porous surface absorbs dirt very, with the tiles can not be moistened cleaning. Product almost weightless, which greatly simplifies the installation process.
- Wood. More difficult in handling and installation material. The price is several times higher, than the tiles of foam. The main advantage - strength. The risk of damage when installing small element. Not suitable for all interiors, because it can overload the place. This tile is better to opt for the spacious rooms with the highest ceilings and wood in the design.
- light metals. The most expensive type of tiles for ceilings. Find it on the shelves of ordinary hardware stores virtually impossible. Is produced by punching. Cutting require special tools. The surface may be matt and glossy, patterned or smooth.
Because, that tile from the foam is particularly popular, its diversity is worth to see more detail. Products made of expanded polystyrene create several technologies:
- stamped. In this manner, the blocks of expanded polystyrene is shaped under pressure and relief. Thickness Product Sheet - 6-8 mm. Plates are very fragile. The surface of the porous, because it is desirable finished surface stain, особенно, If the tiles used for decoration of kitchens or bathrooms.
- extruded. The tiles are constructed from extruded polystyrene plates. Expressed relief and multistage. The front side of a colored film is laminated or impregnated with water-repellent composition. Its structure is homogeneous, without granules. Due to the smooth surface of the tiles easy to care.
- Inzhektsionnaya. Plates produced in a special form by molding and when the highest temperature. The result is a sturdy material with a pronounced relief. The thickness of the plates - 9-14 mm. less hygroscopic, than stamped, therefore, it can not cover the ink layer. Of this tile can be made seamless coverage. Its edges are joined well and make the seams practically invisible.
Ceiling tiles of different shapes can be: square, прямоугольной, polygonal, a wavy edge. standard dimensions: 30x30 cm, 50x 50 cm. Usually, packaged 8 plates.
Advantages of ceiling tiles over other types of finishes:
- Low price.
- A variety of design by applying the relief, picture, coloring.
- It has insulating qualities.
- Easy to install.
- In contrast to the tension or ceiling does not reduce the height of the room.
- Not afraid of mold and mildew.
Is not devoid of this material and defects. Tiles may be deformed by heating, because the lights should be placed at a distance of not less 30 cm or use lamps, are not heated. Unpainted surface of the tile can turn yellow over time from exposure to sunlight.
Ceiling tiles need to be glued to a thick paste, white or transparent. The main requirement for it - the comparability of the base surface (бетон, covered with paint or lime) and sheet material.
The adhesive for polystyrene plates should not contain solvents!
What glue for ceiling tiles:
- Universal polymer compositions, such as titanium, Specialist. Economically spent and quickly seize, but they have a nasty smell. For a complete drying of the adhesive will need a few hours.
- Vodyanystыe Nails. Thick adhesive with good adhesion. A thick layer can be applied, that allows to smooth minor flaws in the base surface. It has no flavor.
- PVA. Clay has no flavor. Consumed in large volume. It is not enough for the mating of heavy tiles. Dry from a few hours to a day.
- acrylic plaster. thick part, viscous mixture. Hold the tile on any surface. She can also cover up the cracks and bumps on the main ceiling.
Clay is fundamentally not only to choose the right, but use of technology. Universal compositions applied to the tiles, press down on the ceiling, clean at 1 minute and finally glued.
Adhesion is dependent not only on the parameters of glue, but also on the grounds of quality. If the old finish is strewed from it - it simply must be removed, on the other tiles will not last long. To improve the adhesion surface will need treatment composition of the soil.
How to glue the ceiling tiles from foam
To place a ceiling tile, you need to calculate the required amount of materials. To do this, you need to calculate the area of the room. On the packaging tile is always a designated, what area it covers, as a rule - it 2 м.кв. It is better to buy products on 1 м.кв. more, than necessary. margin required, if the tiles will be spoiled, or it will need to prune.
For the work necessary to prepare a set of tools and materials:
- Stationery knife for cutting plates;
- Very long cord, or chalk for marking lines on the ceiling;
- Myagenkaya cloth to remove excess glue;
- White sealant without solvents for masking joints lines.
Before gluing parts, necessary to prepare the base. It should be rovnenko, without fluctuations and irregularities, exceeding 2-3 cm. An old whitewash or paint removed with a spatula, seats, where the paint has a very fine, can not be cleaned. The pits are buried putty or plaster. Further, the ceiling be treated composition of the soil. After drying it is possible to begin the process finishes.
Placing tiles on the ceiling
Where to begin to glue the tiles? There can be three main options:
- From the center of the room. It is used in the case of, if there is no room chandelier. To find the center point can be spent on the reverse diagonal corners. The point of intersection is the place, which will dock first 4 plate.
- from chandeliers. If the room has a large light fixture, type chandelier or the ceiling, then glue the tiles need him. Dismantle the chandelier is not necessarily, enough to turn off the decorative cover to the ceiling. To plates seams agreed well, angle, which will be oriented to the chandelier, slightly cut.
- From the wall or the angle. This method is the easiest, but to use it, you need to be sure of the correctness of the room geometry. According to another on the opposite side are obtained fragments of various sizes, which further emphasize the imperfections of the walls.
Positioning of tiles relative to the wall are two methods: parallel and diagonal. The first method saves time and material - a minimum of cutting and trimming. 2-oh harder. The result is a lot of scraps, but finish, manufactured in this way, hides all the imperfections of the ceiling and walls.
Features of the installation process associated with the founding of the state of. On rovnenky ceiling tiles can be glued to the universal glue or PVA, coated a thin layer. If you want to choose the better alignment of liquid nails and putty. These compositions can be applied thick layer.
On rovnenky ceiling:
- Apply the adhesive points on the perimeter of the plate and from corner to corner.
- Flatten the ceiling according to the applied markup, keep a few seconds, then remove for a moment and make quite, smoothing the surface of the hands.
- Apply the adhesive to the second fragment, press it close to the first, so matched to both corners, and turned rovnenky seam, a width not exceeding 1-2 mm.
On uneven ceiling:
- If plaster is used - you need to put structure to the ceiling or directly on the tiles and smooth with a notched trowel, check plane building level, then attach the tiles and hold a few seconds in the correct position.
- If sticking to the watery nails - to put structure on the tiles, layer should be adjusted according to the irregularities of the ceiling. Attach a piece of the ceiling, and check the position of the level.
If the tile is required to make an incision, then it should be done only on the surface rovnenko, but not weight.
Do not click on a tile with the force, especially when a large adhesive layer was used, the product can be destroyed.
After the adhesive has dried compound can be sealed with sealant white, gluing ceiling moldings and the surface paint.
Also, We suggest that you read about, how to make a false ceiling.
Some Secrets of the Pros, that will make the perfect finish, see video.
Glue the ceiling tile is easy. Tasks can only occur, If the base surface has large bumps, but you can control and take off. Since the plates can be repeatedly repainted, their service life is increased many times, in comparison with other types of finishes.