In order to significantly reduce the cost of housing Heating, you must properly insulate the home ownership. If we carry out this operation only on the inner side, the wall will freeze in winter and repeated freezing and thawing cycles adversely affect the operational resources of the wall material. The efficiency of heat preservation, in this case, and it is not at the highest level, because the sealed capsule living room, It will be enclosed in the wall, “the refrigerator” which will derogate from the warm indoor space of only a few cm.
much more practical, in every way, make insulation on the outside of the house. Such insulation has a lot of advantages, and the financial costs do not prove very burdensome in comparison to the inner workings of.
The content of the article
- 1 types of insulation
- 2 Thermal insulation of outside walls: step-by-step instruction
- 3 Advice
types of insulation
In order to insulate the walls of the house from the outside, you can use different materials. The most commonly used for this work:
- mineral wool.
More common type of insulation. inexpensive material, which is simply mounted on the wall. Glass wool insulated walls are not subjected move rodents. Of the shortcomings of the insulation can be called highly hygroscopic and the need to implement special means of respiratory protection, vision and skin from contact with microscopic glass shards.
basalt heat insulators, also belong to the category of mineral wools, but lack many of the shortcomings, inherent fiberglass material, but the cost of such material is considerably higher.
- foamed polymers.
High performance materials for thermal insulation walls. Applied to the outer and inner insulation.
The main advantages of the group of heaters is their low cost, ease of installation and lack of hygroscopic effect.
This category refers foam heat insulator, which is widely used for insulation of outside walls. The foam can be easily attached to the outside wall, It has the lowest thermal conductivity coefficient, It does not contain formaldehyde, and other freely separating harmful substances.
Vodyanystыe forms penoyzola, It can be applied to the wall surface with the help of special equipment, which greatly simplifies the process of insulating walls from the outside.
The main drawback of this group of insulation materials – highest flammability. When ignited foamed polymers emit very toxic substances, so the foam and other synthetic materials should be closed lining, as usual cement plaster which can be applied.
- Loose materials.
This category includes thermal insulators:
- perlite crushed stone.
Vermiculite is a mineral expanded, which has a very low thermal conductivity. Due to such quality, as well as the complete absence of risk of fire, material is widely used as a bulk filler for outer insulating walls.
LECA is made from high temperature firing method clay. The result is a lightweight, porous material, which has a very low thermal conductivity coefficient.
Perlite crushed stone made of volcanic rock mountain, which increases during heating in the volume. Light material has good insulating properties and is not subject to combustion decomposition during operation.
All insulation materials, which belong to the category of bulk, perfectly controlled with the conservation of heat in the house, not glow and do not emit harmful substances, relatively a cheap. The main disadvantage of the application of these tools to the outer insulating walls, is the need to use additional materials for fixing the granular heat insulator.
Wall insulation from the outside: turn-based annotation
Regardless of the type of material used, insulating walls from the outside should be carried out in several stages.
- First insulate the wall is carefully inspected. Upon detection of cracks on the surface of the plaster or brick surface, slots are sealed by means of grout. If the wall is struck by a fungus and mold, then its surface to be treated with antiseptic agents.
- At a subsequent stage of preparation for wall insulation, calculated desired amount of working material. Acquire insulation should be a small margin, to ensure continuity of work.
- Next to Install insulated material. If used roll or plate materials, then they are placed in a wood crate, which is pre-attached to the wall so, The thickness of the insulation material has a thickness designated smooth slats, and the distance between the vertical boards, It should be equal to the width of the roll or insulating plate.
The foam can be installed on the wall by means of special adhesive mortars, which are prepared immediately before installation of insulation boards. In this case, you can do without sheathing, but the strength of the connection will be slightly lower.
Bulk materials for thermal insulation of outside walls are often not used, due to significant improvement in time-consuming additional vertical plane, which is arranged parallel to the wall. The void is filled with expanded clay or perlite insulation. Most frequently, this method of insulation is applied during the construction of load-bearing walls, that subsequently completely solves the problem of thermal insulation of a private house.
- The subsequent step in the outer insulation wall is the application of decorative coating, which apart from the aesthetic function can perform the protective purpose. mineral plate, before being covered with plaster, are covered with a vapor barrier layer. Safety insulating film will be a reliable barrier to penetration of moisture to the walls.
Glass fibers must also be perfectly insulated against moisture penetration, otherwise the material for kutsee time comes into disrepair, and insulation efficiency will drop by several times.
If all four steps were carried out according to the instructions in compliance with the technological features of the installation of insulation or other materials, it will provide reliable protection from penetration of cold, even very severe winter, and in the summer in this house will be cool, which will save significant money on air conditioning in the room.
As warm than personal house can be found here.
Insulation of exterior walls requires not only theoretical knowledge, but also the experience of the insulation work. There are many nuances regarding external insulation, which are able to appear during the deposition of the insulating layer, but have the ability to completely absent. Some of the negative effects may not appear immediately, and after a long time after the completion of the insulation of the walls from the outside. Among the most commonly used features, you need to know every handyman, you can call the following:
- Even errant moisture on the fiberglass insulation leads to a significant decrease in insulating properties of the material. Wetted material can be a good place for the reproduction of many species of fungi, mold and germs, that not only exacerbate the negative effects of moisture on the insulation material, but also can lead to penetration of microorganisms into the room unsafe.
- The foam material is a fire hazard, the use of which for thermal insulation of outer walls may only be effected by providing complete isolation probable external exposure to elevated temperatures.
- In order to keep the bulk insulation, only need to use sturdy materials for the manufacture of the frame for filling. If this rule be neglected, a small fraction of a heater can easily penetrate through the cracks formed, thereby significantly reducing the efficiency of the outer insulation.
How to make sound insulation of walls can be found here.
Application of external heat insulation allows to achieve very good results in the conservation of heat and the protection of the walls of the fracture. Due to the diversity of materials in this category manage to pick up a very effective option for home insulation of all materials, and installation of the prostate allows you to perform all the work with his own hands.